Positive outcomes included:
• a clean up of the area around the hot house and potting shed
• a thorough tidy up of the garden shed, and addressing of related safety issues
• mulching of the path between plots 7 & 8
• spot weeding of other paths
• clearing of the patch where the new shed will be erected
• and weeding around compost bays and sections of the perimeter.
Morning tea was served in the Interact courtyard and a tour of Interact facilities was also provided, anticipating a more dynamic interrelationship between Interact and FCG in the future.
Gardeners should also note that seedlings have now been moved from the hot house to the field hardening area, and are available for planting in individual plots at gardeners’ discretion. Thanks to all who have kindly given their time to the seedlings watering roster over recent months – some bumper summer crops should result from their sterling efforts!